Every time Amani Toomer’s name is announced during a football game Gabe and I say “It’s not a tumor!”. Last year we were watching a Gaint’s game with some friends and realized it was not just us. Our friends that live all the way across the country do the same thing.
I was also reading a blog by a friend of mine who is also a twin mom, when I realized I am not the only parents who announces “We will not negotiate with terrorists!” when a child is throwing a temper tantrum.
I also know I’m not the only one who taped videos off of MTV back when they still played videos. I have watched Ritch’s tape with Dream Theatre, Nuclear Assault, Anthrax doing their Joe Jackson cover and “Memory’s Garden” ad nauseum.
So, other people must do these things too:
- pause the TiVo before a daily double on “Jeopardy!” too see if we can guess the question before we see the answer.
- In college, when Melissa’s radio stopped working in her bus, we would have “all request hour” and you would have to sing whatever the other person requested. If you didn’t know the song, you had to make one up.
- when Brad Johnson completed a pass to Keyshawn Johnson (back when they played together) we always said “no relation”. We also do this when the two people with the same last name are related. (If you are confused by this, watch “Die Hard” again.
- play the song “Let Me Clear My Throat”, so that the kids will know it is time to take a bath.
- buy greeting cards for the wrong occasion on purpose. Of course, it’s always better if you can find one in a foreign language. Extra points if the language is not Spanish.
- When Melissa and I lived together, we used to sing to each other in Italian with a southern accent. We also cross-stitched things with bad words in them for each other.
- play the card game drinking war.
- watch the Bravo reality show about a hair salon, “Blow Out”.
- say “traveling” when a referee signals false start.
- If anyone asks “What time is it?”, say “4:30, it’s not late – no,no, – it’s early, early”. Or if the ask “What’s the time?” the obvious answer is “It’s time to get ill”.
- send text messages and sign them Dick LeBeau.
- make our babies breakdance fight.