I mentioned in my Father’s Day post that sometimes I feel like I fit in better with the guys than I do with the other Moms. Maybe it is because I would rather watch a James Bond movie marathon instead of any movie with Julia Roberts in it (except “Ocean’s 11”, but there is an exception to every rule).
The other night I couldn’t go to sleep and I started trying to figure out why the guys and I seem to relate to each other and here is what I came up with:
The Ways I Am the Same as the Dads*
1) I love football.
2) I love beer.
3) I don’t like romantic comedies.
4) I cannot understand why somebody would spend $1200 on a purse.
5) I have kids.
6) I think poop jokes are funny.
Other times, I really am a girl. I want to go to BlogHer, I was in a sorority (that is really girly, and I like pink. But here is the list I came up with showing the ways that I am not like Dads.
The Ways I Am Different From Dads**
1) I cried when I saw the press conference when Shaq announced he was leaving The Magic to go play for the lagers. I still haven’t forgiven him (even though rationally I completely understand why he left) and so I am rooting for the Mavericks.
2) I am strangely drawn to diamonds. I don’t know if it is the estrogen or what, but the day that Gabe and I got engaged I almost crashed my car trying to look at my ring while I was driving.
3) I have never mowed the lawn.
4) The day The Buccaneers announced that Jon Gruden would be Tony Dungy’s replacement I sent an e-mail out to all of my girlfriends that said “We have the dreamiest coach in the NFL”.
5) I am wearing pink underpants.
6) I cannot take Iron Maiden seriously.
* Don’t freak out. There are gross stereotypes and don’t apply to all Dads.
** Again, these are over-generalizations. You may have cried when Shaq left too. I don’t know.