Or – Speaking of TiVo (I had this post almost done before I even saw Belinda’s dare. So today will be a TiVo themed day here on Sarah and the Goon Squad.)
I’d like to take a couple of moments to talk about TV.
1) Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip:
This was easily the best pilot I have seen in years. I am usually a big fan of Aaron Sorkin’s work and this did not disappoint me. Gabe pointed out that Josh and Chandler (Bradley Whitford and Matthew Perry for those of you who like to use people’s actual names or Matt and Danny if you watched the show) had surprising chemistry. Bradley Whitford and Judd Hirsch are always good, but I was really impressed with Matthew Perry and Amanda Peet (who I just read might be pregnant in real life and that could possibly screw the writers into making her pregnant on the show).
2) Dancing With the Stars:
I told you guys last week that I wanted to watch this stupid show just so I could see Emmitt Smith dance. I did end up TiVOing it so that Gabe wouldn’t be forced to watch it. Sadly, he caught me recording it and made fun of me – A LOT. Anyway, I watched it this morning and now I have some questions. (in running commentary from:)
– Aren’t they using the word “stars” a little bit loosely? I mean, I know who Emmitt is, I know Jerry Springer, Harry Hamlin, Joey Lawrence and Vivica Fox, but who the hell are these other people?
– Was Harry Hamlin dancing to an Iggy Pop song about heroin performed by Neil Diamond?
– The mambo to Kris Kross? Seriously? I didn’t know Daddy Mac’s mom picked the music for “Dancing with the Stars”.
– How are my kids sleeping through this? They are in the room. Must be the Dimetapp.
– Why is Joey Lawrence dressed like a leprechaun?
Sorry, I couldn’t find a picture of Joey in the pilgrim hat, but trust me, he looked like someone was after his Lucky Charms.