I WISH I was Making this Up

You are currently browsing comments. If you would like to return to the full story, you can read the full entry here: “I WISH I was Making this Up”.

comments

Comments

1. Lori says:

This is a prime example why I close the bathroom door, leaving the cats OUT, to put in my contacts.
    This very experience almost happened to me once – only I managed to catch it before it landed on him.

2. That is funny.
    I don’t know why I’m laughing so hard over this. But I am.

That post should be filed under “Figures!”

3. roger says:

A couple of weeks ago I dropped one and for the life of me couldn’t find it. A few days later I found it – bone dry but still stuck to the mirror.

4. Becky says:

At the cat’s back can see now.

5. Oh no. I had a similar incident happen once with the dog, but he actually licked it up and ATE IT before I could get it off of him.

6. All the more reason to wear glasses…

7. tallulah says:

Hee hee! That’s a good one. Read my post called “My favorite Holiday”. It will give you an idea of the hell I went through with my one try at contacts.

8. markira says:

I have a contact horror story to toss out there (don’t know why this reminded me of it, but hey, I’ll go with it). Girl down the hall from me at college was trying to fix the sole of her shoe with my Super Glue. Couldn’t get the glue open, took a pin. When she pulled the pin back out, the Super Glue squirted out and hit her in the eye. Naturally, she blinked. The Super Glue instantly bonded her eyelid to her contact and her contact to her cornea. She ended up needing surgery.

Now THAT’S a motivator for me to keep my glasses. mk

9. Yvonne says:

See Sid was just trying to let you know it was time for a fresh set of contacts.

Or were you trying to do a version of spycam on Sid’s back to check on the GS?

I am forever forgetting when it’s time to put a new set in. Usually when Justin leans over me and asks me why I am squinting. I hate it when he’s right!

Justin hates anyone touching his eyes. He cannot even watch me put my contacts in. It grosses the kids out too. Gaurantee’s me time in the bathroom ALONE. And we don’t have any pets to worry about ;-)

10. I *lost* my contact at Six Flags on one of the rides once. Fortunately I could see out of the other eye pretty well, so it was no big deal. When I got home about 4 hours later, I blinked and the *lost* contact fell out. Must’ve been stuck up behind my eye or something. I didn’t feel a thing, tho.

11. MammaLoves says:

GET OUT! You couldn’t have done that if you tried!

12. Devra says:

I fear contacts. Well actually I fear my own ineptitude of possibly putting them on inside out. I have been told by my contact wearing friends that it is really obvious when a contact lens is put on inside out and because it is so obvious and feels awful, the wearer instantly knows there is a problem.

My fear is I will be the one person who doesn’t feel the obvious and ends up wearing the contacts inside out anyway.

Maybe if I ever do get a prescription for contacts, I should also get one for Xanax.

13. Boutros says:

LOL. I can totally see that happening to me. Thank God my cats are too fat to make it to the bathroom countertop. Sid, that’s a great name.

14. You can call me, 'Sir' says:

You never, know, though….it could be that the furry paw of fate stepped in just in time to save you from shoving some kind of contact-lens death virus into your eye. Maybe you owe the cat your life. I’m sure the cat will act that way, anyhow.

15. Zandria says:

I have dropped contacts plenty of times in the past — into the sink, on the floor, on my clothing. But never on a moving target. That’s crazy!!! :)

16. whit says:

This is why they make burlap sacks. Sounds like your cat could use a swim.

17. ThepapaDog says:

See, that is one of the many reasons I have issues with cats. I love them but yet they annoy me so much. I especially like it when i’m half asleep and one decides to jump on the bed onto my tummy. Scares the crap out of me…

Whit, i’m with ya on that one.

18. Chris says:

One day, many years from now, you’re going to find a dried up contact somewhere.

19. Frank Sucks says:

Good thing the cat avoids me, and that I wear glasses….

20. Check the litter box in a day or two. Cuz you know he groomed himself, ingested it, and it has to come out sometime!

21. Betsy says:

I SO needed this tonight! Thanks for the laugh! :-D

22. Christoph says:

I’ve been wondering, if you go swimming with contacts, can you open your eyes under water without losing the contacts? Cause I hate not being able to see when I jump in from the side of the pool, I mean the 30ft. diving board.

23. Yvonne says:

Christoph, I have lost more damn contacts by opening my eyes while swimming than I can count. Especially when diving in. The force of the water kinda flushes them out. Or up under the eyelid where you cannot-reach-them-for-love-nor-money. But it may be just me ;-)

24. archana says:

Nice! i love contact stories. Once I had one contact fly out of my eye while i was zooming on a texas highway (driving 80′s in summer with no AC!). Never did that again. I had to squint the whole way home.

Oh the uproar over you other post.! FUNNY

25. dionna says:

Oy vey – I have an eye phobia and am SO glad my cats haven’t messed with my contact routine.
    p.s. I love your header image – every time I click on your site I just sit and stare at it for a minute. :)

26. mo-wo says:

So you will or will not be able to see it in the litter box tomorrow?

27. MamaMaven says:

I swear, events like this make me even happier that I had Lasik last year. I wore gas perm lenses forever and ever…had lenses lost in my eye, on a train, on a plane, kinda like a Dr. Seuss book!

28. Alyndabear says:

Eep, bad kitty! As a contact wearer, I feel your pain!

comments

Trackbacks

1. Sucker Bet says:

[...] things have happened. I mean – I accidentally made two people at the same time. I lost a contact on my cat. Harlequin NASCAR romance novels exist. The Bucs could [...]