Since it came up in a post, AND it is the Fourth of July and the 4th of July is a great day for drinking beer and I have had several requests, I give you:
The Rules for the Drinking Game “Calling All Vegetables”:
Background – For all I know everybody knows this game, but I learned it from my friend Jill. Jill went to the University of Florida, so she knows some good drinking games.
1) Everybody picks a different vegetable. Somebody can be broccoli, somebody can be carrot, somebody can be asparagus etc. (I always pick pea because I am totally immature and I think yelling pea is hilarious. )
2) Somebody begins by yelling: “CALLING ALL VEGETABLES!”
3) I would start by saying “Pea to Carrot”, then the guy who is carrot says “Carrot to Broccoli” then the person who is broccoli will say “Broccoli to Pea” – you can call people in any order.
4) The trick is this – you cannot show your teeth at any time during the game.
It is harder than you think.
5) The first person who shows their teeth has to drink and then you start a new round.
See, it’s tough not to show your teeth when you laugh and it is hard not to laugh when everyone is trying to yell out vegetables without revealing any teeth.
Warning: Don’t even bother trying to play “Calling all Vegetables” while under the influence of marijuana. The game only lasts about three seconds and you run the risk of forgetting what you were doing.
Not that I would know anything about that.