I’m driving the kids to beach this week and I went to the dollar store to try to find them some toys for the beach and some crap to keep them occupied on the five or six hour drive.
Believe it or not, I went to three dollar stores on Friday, thus tripling the amount of dollar stores I have ever entered in one 24 hour period. I was looking for flippers and snorkels for the kids. Another kid had a pair of flippers at the pool last week and The Squad went nuts.
After this pilgrimage to three local stores full of junk, I have a couple of questions in regards to dollar stores.
1) Why do all dollar stores smell like B.O.?
2) Why don’t any of the stores have flippers?
3) Why do you have Christmas decorations up in August? It’s a million degrees outside. Doesn’t it make more sense to sell pool stuff?
4) How can a dollar store survive in every single strip mall in Northern Virginia?
5) Why do I even bother going into dollar stores? I never find anything good, and now I am too paranoid to buy any cheap toys for the kids, since everything has already been recalled.