I’ve Got Plenty of Nothing

I don’t know if it is this heat or what, but I’ve got nothing.

I guess this is a good time to do this meme that Vicky tagged me for. (Nothing like ending a sentence in a preposition in one of the two original ideas in the whole post.)

What was I doing ten years ago? Planning my wedding. Well, technically ten years ago I was planning on getting engaged – but close enough. GAbe and I were living in an apartment just down the street from Universal Studios Orlando. I was working for a production company.

What are five (non-work) things on my to-do list for today:
1. Return the overdue books to the library.
2. Go grocery shopping
3. Call the plumber
4. laundry
5. pay some bills

5 Snacks I enjoy:
1. Bleu cheese and crackers
2, Doritos
3, Brownies
4. Oreos
5. Tootsie Rolls

Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
1. Travel extensively.
2. Buy a house with a bigger master bathroom.
3. Go get my masters degree.
4. Pay for college for all of the kids in my extended family.
5. Buy a suite at Raymond James Stadium and fly down for all of the Bucs home games.

Places I have lived:
Mansfield, Ohio
Tampa, Florida
Orlando, Florida
Pomapano Beach, Florida
Northern Virginia

Jobs I have had:

I worked in a record store.
I worked as a receptionist in a music store.
I leased apartments.
I wrote up proposals for an event planning company.
I worded for a production company. They did lighting and sound.
I sold airline tickets.
I sold electronics components. (Not stereos and DVD players, but the things you use to build stereos and DVD players and highly sensitive top secret equipment that I cannot talk about.)
Stay at Home Mom
Blogger

I’m not tagging anyone, but instead I will ask you one question:

What was your most interesting job?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

comments

Comments

1. JamesMommy says:

I was a clinical social worker in a hospital for the criminally insane….seriously. I loved that job, too.

2. I worked at McDonalds the summer of my sophomore year of high school. I gained lots of weight and zits that summer.

(P.S. I thought of you as I added the SPORTS GUY’S WIDGET to my blog! Go Celts!)

3. Like you, my jobs have run the gamut —
    think the most unexpected job I’ve had was a two-weeker (college holiday break) as a cashier at Trak Auto.

Did get to interview pro-wrestlers live on-air for a sports call-in show…that was memorable! 😉

4. I was a sound and lighting technician in college. Most of the events were kind of boring (setting up microphones or slide projectors for sorority meetings and such), but sometimes I got to work some concerts on campus, especially when one of the local venues burned down and all of the concerts had to be relocated (OK, the only concerts we got were the Cocteau Twins and the Oak Ridge Boys, but that meant two concerts I hadn’t planned on before).

5. Hooters Girl. ‘Nuff said.

6. You can call me, 'Sir' says:

I was on active duty for 10 years and spent the last four in special operations. Great gig if you don’t mind the heat and the possibility of contracting various diseases and the outside chance of violent death.

7. It’s a toss up between 2 jobs as to which was more interesting. I waited tables in several bars and restaurants in college, where some very interesteing things took place, but I was also the HR director for a hospital – and there were some insane-ly interesting things took place there, too.

I had the most fun as a waitres…

8. okay a few things….

1. i’m not getting your feed!!

2. you lived in mansfield Ohio….i’ve got family there

3. job, working at the Naval Academy but especially working I-day for the incoming plebes…nothing else quite like seeing the fresh meat come in

9. Kristin says:

toss up… is it bad if I don’t say SAHM??? ha!

Working games at an amusement park (nothing better than getting drunk and going to work) or Product placement for a big internet company (Sex & the City and West Wing were two of my big placements).

Totally different, equally entertaining!

10. 20 years ago I was living in an apartment just down the street from Universal Studios Orlando! The complex was on the corner of S Kirkman Rd (435) & Conroy Road. Same one?
    When did you live in Mansfield OH? That’s about an hour away from us.

11. Oh sure, I can ask you lots of questions but forget to answer yours…d’oh!
    I have 2 most interesting jobs, both when I lived in Orlando:
    1. When I worked at Gooding’s grocery store in the Bay Hill area. Jim & Tammy Faye Bakker lived down the street from the grocery store. I saw her at KMart once with her entourage, that was pretty freaky. There were other celebs in the area also and you never knew when they’d show up. Good incentive to go to work if you were into people watching!
    2. When I worked at the Exxon station on the corner of I-Drive and W Sand Lake Road. It was really interesting to deal with all the tourists. I think I met someone from every country on the planet!

12. David Chanel says:

You stirred up a great one for me…
    When I was still at UCF, I worked for a photo store and drove all around Kissimmee in my green 1982 Volvo 240 picking up film and dropping off pictures for tourists. The owner paid me in cash whenever she had any money, which was never and she always liked to round down since she was paying me under the table. She would also stand around and each raw hot dogs. Great manners though because she would offer, “You wanna frankfurter?”

13. LOl. Good ole’ Pom-pano as we like to say down south!

14. I worked at the Arch.
    Yes, the Gateway to the West. I loaded trams and also worked at the top. If you have ever been there I was one of the people saying: Please step out of your cars and turn left, do not stop at the first two sets of windows but continue moving to the center of the arch”
    It was my high school and college summer job. LOVED IT!!

15. Most interesting? Circus clown.

16. Have you ever tried blue cheese with those Pepperidge Farm Gingermen cookies. Seriously, it’s tasty. My kids even love it. What’s better than cheese and cookies I ask you?! Trust me here, it’s good. Some foodie friends turned me on to it, and it’s been a big hit at all our soirees.

My most interesting job? I was a box packer for J. Crew. I folded clothes, wrapped them in tissue paper and plastic, and sealed boxes. WORSTZ JOB EVER for this somewhat of a prima donna. I lasted until lunch break and never came back. I didn’t even care about collecting my money for a lousy 5 hours of work.

I read your comment on WMAG. If you find a cure for whining and fighting, lemme know. Such is my world.

How does a girl join that coolest book club ever?

17. Jarrard says:

Mansfield, Ohio
    What??? I thought I was the only one in the world that knew where Mansfield was!!!
    We vacation (yes – no one in the South understands why) in Polk and Ashland every year.

18. What???
    I thought I was the only one who knew where Mansfield was!!
    My son’s and my favorite vacation in the summer is to Polk and Ashland. We love us some farm country – and the Amish. It is so weird seeing a horse hitched up in front of a WalMart.

19. mamacrow says:

most interesting job? well after SAHM (which I’ve FINALLY got to be)
    training mental health clinicians in using the computerised records systems. Boy did you see a lot of life!

to be honest, all my jobs have been interesting. I did a lot of office temping through college and uni – lots of different places and people.

comments