It Came to Me in a Dream (People Just Liked it Better that Way)

You are currently browsing comments. If you would like to return to the full story, you can read the full entry here: “It Came to Me in a Dream (People Just Liked it Better that Way)”.

comments

Comments

1. jodifur says:

my husband hates them. He hates all fun music.

2. Molly says:

Why did Constantinople get the works? It’s nobody’s business but the Turks.

Thanks. I’m gonna have that song stuck in my head for-freakin’-ever.

3. JZMom says:

I totally love TMBG. I went to the same high school as them, but a few years after they graduated. Sigh – I only got to hang with the *echo* of John and John.

When people start going down a tangent at work, I start singing “Don’t don’t don’t let’s start. It is the worst part.” It’s annoying enough that meeting now stay incredibly focused to avoid me breaking out in random song.

4. Kate says:

I like this video version better: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mv-KcF3Rkv8

:D

5. mayberry says:

TMBG rules. They are even sponsoring little league teams: http://familyfitness.about.com/b/2009/05/22/play-ball-play-music.htm.

6. Momo Fali says:

You know, I’ve been blanking on my lottery numbers. Do you think you could take another nap and let me know what I should play? Thanks in advance!

7. roger says:

And if you ever have to give an impromptu speech on James K. Polk, our 11th President, you’ll be totally set.

8. New Amsterdam always makes me think of the beer company. Mmmm, beer. Now I’m thirsty.

9. Lisse says:

What a strange thing to write a song about. Fun video though. Imagine what it took to put that together!

10. Jenn says:

I heart them.

11. MA Smith says:

I’d tell you why New York is no longer New Amsterdam, but I like their reason better than reality.

Plus, I’d hate to be a kill-joy.

12. Jenni says:

if it weren’t for their childrens music, my ears would be bleeding.

13. Mrs Chaos says:

I find it funny that I only ready the inquiry and the song was already in my head.

Of course, now it’s stuck there.

Ah well…could be worse.

14. I am always torn between going to TMBG or my Magic 8 Ball for answers.

15. Jennifer says:

I get “Birdhouse in Your Soul” stuck in my head at least once a month. They Might Be Giants just makes me so happy…

16. I love, love, LOVE They Must Be Giants. That’s hilarious.

17. I can’t believe you wrote about TMBG. I was flipping through channels Thursday night and caught a few minutes of a Lawerence Welk type show featuring a barbershop quartet and they were singing THIS very song.

It hurt me.