Really, they’re back.
And this time they like Beck.
Let me explain.
I had an incident about two years ago when my tv would just turn off all by itself. I blamed paranormal activity (not the movie, but the phenomenon). That all stopped when we got a new tv.
Coincidence? Probably not, but you never know.
Yesterday my computer started playing music when nobody was in the living room.
Honestly, I didn’t think a thing of it. You see, my husband downloaded this ap for his iPhone that makes his cell phone act as a remote for our iTunes. Usually he uses this function either to put on some music while we are having a nice family dinner or to torture me by putting on really shitty music from another room.*
Then I heard Gabe tell the kids “I think Mommy is playing a joke on us with her iPhone”.
But it wasn’t me. I was in the kitchen doing dishes.
It was strange, but I let it go.
Then today I came home from the grocery store to an empty house.
The empty house was listening to Beck.
I know for sure I didn’t leave any music playing when I left the house. In fact, I checked every light, both computers and the coffee pot before I left the house.
What do I make of this?
I figure there are several options:
1) I have a poltergeist.
2) My cats love Beck and figured out how to use iTunes. Apple software is very intuitive.
3) I have a stowaway – possibly hiding in a pile of laundry.
4) There is a disturbance in the force.
5) A glitch in the Matrix?**
6) I accidentally mashed a whole bunch of buttons and set my computer to open iTunes and play something of its choosing at random intervals.
I don’t know. Pick whatever sounds reasonable to you. For now I’m going with the poltergeist.
* Most often “Jeanny” by Falco which is one of the worst songs ever written in my humble opinion.
** Yes, I know 4 and 5 are basically the same joke but I couldn’t decide.