Here is Something I Didn’t Know Until Today

You are currently browsing comments. If you would like to return to the full story, you can read the full entry here: “Here is Something I Didn’t Know Until Today”.

comments

Comments

1. Kristabella says:

Hahaha! One good reason to not have the 3GS and have the voice dialing function!

2. Melissa says:

Whenever I’ve been shopping with my dad and the checkout person asks ‘did you find everything ok?’ he replies ‘ why? are you hiding something?’

3. Reminds me of the time a decade ago that I thought I was calling dh at “Home” and instead called “Mom.” We’d planned a “date” for that night, and when my stepdad answered I told him I was on my way, and oh-so-flirtily asked him to charge up the “toy.”

Yeah.

4. Issa says:

Laughing. I think I have some sort of a voice command thing on my phone but I’ll never use it, for this exact reason.

It’s like the car GPS on vacation years ago that was convinced I should drive off the Golden Gate Bridge. Speaking robot? Not a skill i have.

5. Apryl's Antics says:

We rented a car once that had Onstar and I accidentally called them while adjusting the radio. Freaked my shit out that the radio was ringing and then talking to me.

@Melissa I am so using that next time I go grocery shopping.

6. William says:

My voice command feature on my blackberry says “Say a command.”

So one time I said “Lick my ….”

It called my friend Lydia. What do you think that means?

7. Dawn says:

Laughing my ass off over here! I don’t use voice commands for that reason. Also: don’t want anyone hearing me losing my patience with a robot….

8. My first thought? “Dude! Where can I get a phone that auto-dials Amalah?!”

*jelus*

9. Lisse says:

Oh, joy.

The hi-tech version of butt-dialing.

10. SoccerMom says:

I’m so with you on that. IF they REALLY don’t want to hear peoples comments then don’t freakin ask.

I also have an iphone(new user) and have been trying to figure ways to record blog ideas I have when Im out and about.

Maybe you can shed some light on this?

11. Poppy says:

They don’t actually care. I know it seems like friendly customer service, but only if you say that you DID find everything you were looking for, which is like them asking “how are you?” and you giving them a meaningful answer and them caring.

12. melanirae says:

She probably only recognizes it by its pretentious whole foods name name ‘coriander.’

13. Annie says:

Yes, I couldn’t agree more….if they really don’t want to know the actual answer to the question, why ask the question in the first place? Some people are so rude.

comments

Trackbacks

1. [...] sort of expert. I have actually seriously considered starting a entire website just dedicated to my grocery store [...]