Is Lowering the Rim the Answer to Women’s Basketball’s Attendance Problems?

You are currently browsing comments. If you would like to return to the full story, you can read the full entry here: “Is Lowering the Rim the Answer to Women’s Basketball’s Attendance Problems?”.

comments

Comments

1. Stimey says:

Right on, sister! GREAT post!

2. Melissa says:

Meh I find both men’s and women’s basketball dull. The net or outfits don’t make a difference for me. So..I agree, have some respect for the game and the people playing, lowering the basket is ridiculous. Also – Go Hawkeyes (first pic)!

3. Frank Sucks says:

The Girls already play with a smaller ball, so how much difference is there if you lower the hoop 6 in or a foot? The unis is a sexist thing.

I think people don’t watch (I don’t) is because in most cases its a dull, slow game.

Having said that, I can’t think of a woman’s sport that is popular.

4. sweetney says:

Wow that’s pretty offensive. And maybe the ladies should wear pretty pretty pink bows in their hair, too? [eyeroll]

5. Holmes says:

If anything, I would think such a move would actually reduce interest in women’s basketball because it wouldn’t be as impressive to watch, and slam dunks wouldn’t be nearly as spectacular.

6. Lisse says:

Hmmm. How about upping the advertising budget?

Naaah!

7. If I understand correctly, the powers that be want to change the game not because it is dangerous or injurious in any way to the participants but rather due to their inability to convince the masses that a sport they’ve never promoted, a sport that is often ridiculed, athletes who are mocked and for whom it’s only been 14 years of having their own league they’re not making enough money off of it. Wow, now that takes balls!

8. Jen says:

Stopping by from Clever 1000 to say hello. I will tweet your post with #girlslovesports :o )

9. OMG – I don’t follow women’s basketball and I have to tell you when I started reading, I thought you were joking because how could it be possible that someone would propose lowering the net (and I am just afraid to know what the proposed uniforms would look like)…remember that movie on the 1st women’s baseball team – A League of Their Own – where the women wore skirts…? Except this is 2010…I think.

Ridiculous!