Day 8 – Someone who made your life hell, or treated you like shit.

You are currently browsing comments. If you would like to return to the full story, you can read the full entry here: “Day 8 – Someone who made your life hell, or treated you like shit.”.

comments

Comments

1. cindy w says:

Wow. Virginia is my favorite “day 8″ story so far.

She went with you ON YOUR VACATION OMGWTFBBQ??!?!!!

2. palinode says:

Holy mother of DeCheeses. I’m honestly gobsmacked. I’m trying to picture some of my shittier bosses booking themselves on a vacation with me.

3. Laurie says:

Goddammit.

Eating while I read, and “breffast” (plus hearing you say it in my head) just made me — ME, who despises this phrase in all of its forms and claims people are lying when they say it — spit soup on my keyboard.

4. WebSavvyMom says:

–>I can’t even imagine working for someone like Virginia. Although my boss recently told me I was “hostile” which was a complete shock. She’s never even seen me hostile because it rarely happens.

5. Holy shit.

I can’t decide whether to keep cackling about your guess that someone has murdered her by now or return to being aghast that she called your dad to ask for money.

You so totally win Day 8.

6. Issa says:

Oh my god. She invited herself on your vacation? Holy shit. She wins asshole of the century award.

Snort at the, she’s probably been murdered by now line.

7. Jen says:

“somebody has probably murdered her by now” Hahahaha!

Good lord woman, that is just crazy. And I thought I had it bad when I worked with a priest who called me “fat-ass”. You win the worst boss ever contest.

8. Magno says:

Sue was ‘my Virginia’. I worked for a media-buying agency in college. She was a screamer, an alcoholic and favored all manner of brightly-colored flowing rayon ensembles. On my last day (the day I went to lunch and didn’t go back) she was ranting my name. When I walked to her door to find out why, she yelled “NOT YOU – THE OTHER ONE” and threw a Mont Blanc pen at me (which I still consider the best going away present EVER.)

“somebody has probably murdered her by now” BEST LINE EVER.

9. Boston Mamas says:

Holy sh*tballs dude. WOW.

10. OMG!! That picture is CLASSIC!!!! HA!

11. Burgh Baby says:

Breffast sounds like a very bad contraction for “breast feeding breakfast” which makes me want to stab things. Maybe her.

12. Wow. It never ceases to amaze what kind of completely bat-shit crazy people are out there. Your sucky-first-boss story blows mine out of the water. Mine now just seems like an old, fat, grouchy cat.

13. Nicole says:

Whoa, agree, this tops any bad boss stories I’ve heard, and between my husband and I we have some doozies. Six months is a long time to work from someone like that, no matter what your age. Crrraaazzy!

14. Melissa says:

My worst boss (and she was pretty bad) was a saint compared to your Virginia. Wow.

Just … wow.

(But a damn good blog post. Love the photo of you and your friend pointing at the empty seat on the plane!)

15. My Virginia was Judith. I should have known when I happened across the personnel files and saw how many people had been in my position in the previous 2 years.

I only lasted 3 months. What a relief when she finally fired my ass. (I just WISH I had called her a fucking bigot.

16. smart aleck says:

You are my hero….because I worked for Virginia’s (slightly) less pushy twin cousin, but never had the balls to call her a fucking bigot. And I should have.

When will people realize that just because we share the same skin shade does NOT mean we share the same myopic views?

17. Headless Mom says:

Wow. I’m only on day 4. I’ll have to think about this one.

That woman Virginia? Crack pot.

18. magpie says:

Breffast? This was clearly before spell check, right? Yikes.

19. toquegirl says:

Holy shit. I mean, holy shit. I mean…oh forget it. Wow.

20. toquegirl says:

Oh btw – the pic? Pointing to the empty seat? Hilarious!

21. flutter says:

Breffast. fuuuuuuuck me. You are hysterical

22. Jessica says:

Holy shit!

23. 1. Who took the photo, and how was the request to take the photo phrased?

2. I love that among her list of crimes, including real crimes like securities fraud, is “bad speller.”

24. elz says:

Oh my God. Makes my boss from hell seem downright lovely….Nope, she was a B-i-t-c-h.

25. I am so broke right now it’s ridiculous.
    If you do hear from Virginia, could you ask her for her dad’s number?
    I thought I’d give him a call and see if he would like to pay my rent this month.

26. William says:

I love this story. Also I hope Virginia discovers it.

27. Lordie that’s horrible and hilarious all at the same time. Thank GOD she’s gone from your life, eh?

28. Suebob says:

I thought my ex-boss was “special” but Virginia really takes the cake. Now I want to do this series just so I can talk about her.

29. Nancy says:

Wow. Definitely the worst boss EVER.

30. Amy says:

THIS ranks right up there with the underwear/karate story. You gave us so much material to comment on that I have no idea where to start. Sorry for you…but great for us because we got to read about it. The picture? Awesome!

Also, I hope you’ve gotten to experience a Virginia-less Mardi Gras since then.

31. Very interesting. My most hellish boss was also constantly suggesting I borrow money I mean ASK for money from my parents. Like to buy my apartment, take better vacations, etc. She also suggested that my husband got the money for my engagement ring from his elderly mother. WTF???????????

32. Vicky says:

Just wow. SHE WENT ON YOUR VACATION? Can we say, “no friends!” It’s like a bad Zach Galfai… I don’t feel like spelling his name. movie.

33. Bethany says:

Oh my gosh I can’t believe she went on your vacation with you….woowww. I probably would have left her stranded and explored New Orleans alone since she missed the first flight. Haha.

34. garvey says:

What a terrible boss. Now you know how Gabe feels everyday.

comments

Trackbacks

1. [...] I have forgiven the boyfriend she tried to steal from me, and that guy was a liar, a cheater and an all around dick. I have forgiven the ex-boyfriend who has a child that was born eight months after we broke up. I have forgiven my psycho ex-boss. [...]