The Unbearable Heaviness of Claudia’s Backpack

You are currently browsing comments. If you would like to return to the full story, you can read the full entry here: “The Unbearable Heaviness of Claudia’s Backpack”.

comments

Comments

1. floreksa says:

2. Tito says:

She’s a hoarder! Call A&E maybe they can feature her. (what is it about watching people’s gross mess is either art or entertainment?) I shouldn’t talk I cleaned out my purse and now I feel like I’m must be missing stuff be cause it actually closes.
    Maybe it’s really cold in the classroom. Or maybe she’s plotting escape.

3. Contents of my daughter’s backpack:

1 (one) giant science book
    1 (one) complete set of extra clothes
    4 (four) hair bands
    2 (two) bowling balls
    7 (seven) shoes
    3 (three) bricks
    and 354,291,844 Silly Bandz.

Sheesh.

4. smart aleck says:

I also overpack…I blame it on being a former Girl Scout and having a need to be prepared for anything.
    Also explains why I usually have cookies or chocolate nearby as well.

5. daniel says:

I have the opposite problem. My daughter keeps losing sweatshirts and jackets and her backpack is always empty.

6. norm says:

Should you be casting stones? Let’s see the contents of your purse, lady! *chortle*

7. Masked Mom says:

Ah, the mysteries of the backpack…

When my daughter was in kindergarten, she briefly collected rocks. She mentioned this in front of the little boy who had a crush on her and his mother told me that when his backpack was extra heavy, she opened it to find several sandwich baggies FULL of the gravel from their driveway which he was bringing to school for my daughter’s collection.

8. sweetney says:

The clown car version of a backpack. Awesome.

9. Sounds like my daughter’s backpack. I pulled out 2 sweaters, a coat, a hat and a pair of mittens that aren’t hers. Then she had put in a folder that is chock full of Uno cards, random pieces of paper and $5 in change that was supposed to be paying for her breakfasts.

comments