1) I was pretty disappointed with the novel “The Marriage Plot” by Jeffrey Euginides. I loved his first two novels “The Virgin Suicides” and “Middlesex” and this one was just okay.
I am still convinced that the first half of the book was an exercise to see how many authors names he could fit into one story.
2) We are re-watching the entire series “The West Wing” in order. This is probably the third or fourth time we have done this and I’m not sick of it yet. I think Aaron Sorkin is a genius. If it weren’t for Mandy the pilot would be perfect.
3) My kids auditioned and got into a children’s choir. I am very proud of them and I was very excited until I realized that getting them to and from rehearsal on the same night as my rehearsals is going to be a logistical nightmare. I think I need one more car and probably a sister wife to make this work.
4) I went to a business lunch the other day and Savatage came up in casual conversation.
5) We are renovating our kitchen. It really needs it. Right now we have the original countertops that were put in the house when it was built in 1964. I remember my grandmother had these same counters back when I was a kid. I didn’t like them then either.
It turns out that there are about one bazillion options for cabinets, countertops and floors. One bazillion of each, so three bazillion total. How does a person pick just one style of cabinet? I am a decisive person and this is blowing my mind. I wanted red but my architect gave me a really unpleasant look when I said red so we picked black. Black is too dark due to our large number of upper cabinets. So I tried looking on Pinterest, which I don’t get AT ALL.
Now I’m thinking grey, but I also really love eggplant.
Not the vegetable. Eggplant is gross as a food. I love the color. But is it too much? I DON’T KNOW. This is why I am not in interior design. This is also why I married someone with good taste. He will pick something attractive. I will choose a nice wine to pair with dinner.