Too Jet Lagged to think of a Clever Post Title

This happens to me every year after BlogHer. I’ve got nothing. It isn’t that I’m burnt out… it is just that I already said all of the things that I have to say. I just said them to you guys in person.

Plus I can’t seem to readjust to Eastern Standard Time.

I suppose I should do my Road Trip/BlogHer recap but I am still unable to organize my thoughts properly. I guess after 14 states in six days, trying to hang out with 1000 of my closest internet friends and then eating a $500 meal at The French Laundry I don’t feel too bad about not being able to focus.

Let me just give you a few highlights of my BlogHer experience.

- I broke my camera on the first night in San Francisco. That’s right. You heard me. I dropped it on the floor at the SV Moms Group party. The next morning at breakfast I tweeted my dismay. Not having a camera at BlogHer is like not having beer at a football game. Unacceptable. About five minutes later the lovely Moosh in Indy walked up to me and said “I have an extra camera if you want to borrow it.” So thanks Casey and thanks twitter. Seriously, who is that nice?

- Sitting in the “Naked Blogging” panel discussion I accidentally tripped a guy (trying to get out of his way) and then Angela (trying to help him not fall) grabbed his upper thigh. I hope we didn’t scare him off from attending future BlogHer sessions. I swear we didn’t plan it ahead of time.

- As I was missing my MamaPop deadline – well, as I would have been missing my MamaPop deadline had I been in my normal time zone – I ran into one of my bosses in the airport. It turned out that Amy and I were on the same flight. So, as embarrassing as it is to actually be face to face with the person you are currently supposed to be writing a post for, all is forgiven when you are on the same delayed flight.

- If you are in the BlogHer internet cafe and working on your post for BlogHer there is no need for a thesaurus. You can just yell out “I need another word for exaggeration” and the four closest people all have really good answers.

So what have I learned? My BlogHer friends are just as cool in real life as they are online and seriously – try not to miss deadlines when you are in the same building as your editor.

Oh, and don’t drop your camera on the floor.

pixel Too Jet Lagged to think of a Clever Post Title

comments

Comments

1. Lisse says:

I’m laughing at the fact that I got 3 words from that entire post:

The French Laundry.

Wow!

2. Anne Glamore says:

Dude, my husband and I ate there for our 10th wedding anniversary and ate bread and cheese the rest of the week. It was SO worth it.

Great to meet you, BTW!

3. Coming east is always harder than going west, I think. You’ve had a busy week or so, I think you’re entitled to a little break.

4. cheryl says:

LumpyHead’s Mom is right. East to West, piece o’ cake. West to East, hard to take. Too much Dr. Seuss for me. Maybe I need a nap too….

5. ali says:

i’m totally still on pacific time too. sucks. balls.

6. Kristabella says:

I’m still struggling with the time change.

And The French Laundry? You are my hero!

Great to see you again! I can say that now since I’ve seen you on 2 different occasions!

7. Wendy says:

that part about the thesaurus, totally cool.

8. Assertagirl says:

I’m the same way…I want to find all kinds of thoughtful words and anecdotes to share but I never seem to come up with them. I want to say though, that even though we didn’t get a chance to chat, really, it was so nice to exchange kisses on the cheek and have a little wave and a smile. :)

9. sam says:

I hope your camera’s fixable!!

I LOVE the thesaurus, and I’ve been known to read the dictionary.

Did I just out myself as a TOTAL geek?

10. MammaLoves says:

Look at you with all the good lessons.

And I use that Thesaurus method at my house when I can actually get my ass motivated to write a post. Works like a charm.

11. Lara says:

thanks for the dance, lady! :)

12. Chris says:

I’m with Lisse- French Laundry? Yummm- tell all.

It was great to meet you in person last week. Thanks for being so gracious to yet another random stranger stopping you to gush about how much they like you!

13. owlhaven says:

Great to meet you in person!!
    Mary, mom to 10

14. 1. You know you had a good time if it left you exhausted.

2. A laundry is a very strange place to have an expensive meal.

3. I use a online thesaurus. It’s almost as easy as the shout-out method, but not as fun.

15. She is doing the French Laundry at home: http://carolcookskeller.blogspot.com/

Someday I hope to get there.

16. Angela says:

With just one try, we perfected (pwned?) the Trip and Grab. Next year we’ll figure out how to incorporate feathers.

SO nice to meet you!

17. Momo Fali says:

Yeah, Moosh is that nice. Hard to believe someone can be that kind when they’re completely sober. All my real life friends are only kind when they’re drunk.

18. You ate at The French Laundry?! I am so jealous! That’s on our list!

19. Barbara says:

Casey does seem sweet on her blog, it’s nice to hear she’s just as sweet in person… Sounds like you had a blast.

Um, The French Laundry… color me jealous! Please share all the little details… Actually heck.. BlogHer… color me jealous… I’ve been reading all the updates from everyone and it sounds like it was such a good time.

20. Devra says:

I am afraid to go home. I went to Arizona right after BlogHer. I am still on PST. After reading this, I am afraid I am going to suffer from PSTPTSD.

21. Amalah says:

All is also forgiven when your “boss” has also completely flaked on HER Mamapop deadline like, an hour after yours. Oops.

22. That Casey is so darn nice.

And P.S. I completely missed one of my deadlines. Oops. I blame John Mayer.

23. jill says:

for some reason i cant comment on the cat shirt. I have a horse one. the horse’s heads are on the front, the ‘rears’ on the back, but their TAILS are down for the love of god. I havent worn it in forever and mostly i wore it around home, it was a gift from a 4-H leader (I rode horses), I recently had to get out some old huge tshirts to wear to bed to cover up the huge bewbs and belly and found it, it still fits even at almost 7 months pg, so you know how big it was to begin with. but i agree, you shouldnt be able to see where the poop comes out. the horse one is a lot cuter, trust me. but i still wont wear it out. its not that cute.

comments